Department of Neurosurgery at the Hospital “Burgasmed”
- Д-р Николай Недев
- Д-р Любомир Томов
- Д-р Светослав Тодоров
- Д-р Константин Давчев
The Department of Neurosurgery accepts and treats victims and patients:
- with injuries of the nervous system, in acute and chronic phase - the most severe and complicated cases with combined trauma;
- with isolated and combined maxillofacial injuries in acute and chronic phase;
- with degenerative diseases of the spine;
- with tumors of the central and peripheral nervous system;
- with functional diseases of the nervous system;
- head and face traumas, diseases and malformative conditions of the nervous system in children (up to 18 years);
- in need of physiotherapy and rehabilitation after injuries and diseases of the nervous system.
The compartment includes:
- "screw" adjustments and stabilizations through rear access for the treatment of subaxial spinal trauma
- targeted intraoperatively, by means of ultrasound control, removal to the maximum extent of malignant brain tumors.
In addition to the classic, routine techniques, the department's surgical practice is applied in keeping with current trends and requirements:
- intraoperative electrophysiological monitoring in spinal operations
- percutaneous vertebroplasty for the restoration of broken vertebral vertebrae, trauma and other conditions
- all sections of modern neurosurgery are present: surgery of congenital diseases of the nervous system, pediatric neurosurgery - hydrocephaly, spina bifida, craniostenoses, etc. malformations; neuro-oncology - brain and spinal cord tumors; cerebrovascular diseases - aneurysms, vascular malformations, hematomas, strokes, carotid stenoses; degenerative and grammatical diseases of the spinal cord and spinal cord - disc hernias, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and other deformities; functional neurosurgery - pain syndrome, abscesses, parasitoses, surgery of the peripheral nervous system.
Various neurosurgical interventions with great complexity are performed. The department has introduced for the first time in the country almost all modern interventions in neurosurgery - microneurosurgery, cerebral valves, neuronavigation, anterior and lateral access to the spine, spinal stabilizations and disk implants, pain syndromes.
There are possibilities for modern high-quality imaging diagnostics (computed tomography - scanner, magnetic resonance imaging, angiography), neurophysiological diagnostics: ECE, EP, EMG, ultrasound and more.
The technological equipment of the operating room of the ward is at a high modern level: operating microscopes and instruments for microneurosurgery, neuronavigation - ultrasound control, high-speed microdrill, X-ray control, electrophysiological equipment (for evoked potentials, EEG), microneurosurgery and surgery. in traumatic, tumor and degenerative spondylidisogenic diseases.