Neurosurgical Clinic at the Hospital “Military Medical Academy”
- Проф. Тихомир Ефтимов
- Проф. Кирил Романски
- Д-р Ивайло Хаджиангелов
- Д-р Иван Тодоров
- Д-р Владимир Пранджев
- Д-р Пирин Кутин
- Доц. Тодор Шамов
- Д-р Пламен Симеонов
- Д-р Николай Георгиев
- д-р Камелия Зюмбюлева
- д-р Илиян Георгиев
- д-р Георги Георгиев
- Д-р Иван Крушовенски
- The regiment. Prof. Dr. Tihomir Eftimov, MD - Head of the Neurosurgery Clinic, Head of the Department of Nervous Diseases and Neurosurgery - tel. (+359 2) 9225767
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Todor Shamov. MD - phone 0898667552
- Dr. Ivaylo Hadzhiangangelov - Head of Department - tel. 0888 564 451
- Dr. Vladimir Prandzhev - Head of Department - tel. 0888 340 633
- Dr. Pirin Kutin - Head of the Emergency Neurosurgical Unit - tel. 0898 562 411
- Major Dr. Ivan Todorov - Assistant - Phone 0889 811 543
- Dr. Nikolay Georgiev - doctor in specialization
- Dr. Krasimir Georgiev - specialist doctor
- Dr. Ilian Georgiev - specialist doctor
- At the Clinic of Neurosurgery of the Military Medical Academy, Sofia, highly specialized diagnostic, medical and scientific-teaching activity is performed.
- Diagnostic measures performed are related to diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. Surgical treatment of vascular, neoplastic, degenerative, congenital, traumatic and infectious-inflammatory diseases is performed.
- The clinic provides 24-hour specialized emergency medical care for traumatic neurosurgical diseases on the territory of Sofia-city and Sofia-district and is one of the leading clinics for the treatment of neuro-traumatic diseases.- The equipment available to the clinic, based in two operating rooms, meets the current medical requirements and the latest technical advances.
- Since the beginning of 2004, surgical interventions have been carried out with the help of a neuro-navigation technique equipped with software programs for interventions in the field of the skull and spine.
- Since 2009, new advanced equipment for intraoperative ultrasound neuronavigation has been available.
- The clinic has endoscopic equipment to perform minimally invasive surgical interventions in the head as well as the spine. A neuroendoscopic toolkit for performing endoscopic interventions for disc herniations in the lumbar spine is widely used.
- The experience of specialists in the application of modern implants (fibrocarbon cages, titanium plates, titanium nets, etc.), which are used in degenerative and traumatic injuries of the spine and in cranial surgery, is rich. Combining their application with the Neuronavigation Spinal Instrument software makes the clinic unique to the country. Equipment with advanced capabilities for intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring is used, which improves the quality of the medical services offered.
- Treatment of patients with vascular diseases of the nervous system in which endovascular intervention is indicated. Experience with this state of the art vascular treatment is the largest in the country. The clinic is therefore recognized as the best in this type of treatment for cerebrovascular diseases.
- The high level of specialists and their many years of surgical experience contribute to the extremely high level of specialized medical care offered, which is in accordance with and complies with the accepted medical standards in the country.
- The clinic is accredited within the MMA - Sofia of the Military Medical Academy and works on all clinical pathways, in accordance with the Framework Agreement signed by the NHIF.